Don’t forget to stop by in Singapore when visiting Southeast Asia. There are a lot of things for people to visit this country. Start from the attractions, shopping centres, and also foods. Singapore is known best as one of the best countries in Asia for foods hunting. There are many different type of dishes served in Singapore. And now, this article is going to discuss one of the best Singaporean dishes that you have to try when make culinary trips in Singapore.
Have you ever heard of Singapore Hainanese Chicken Rice ?. For people who have already visited Singapore, it is very common for them to hear such a words ‘Singapore Chicken Rice’. Don’t need to worry if you are still have no any idea what is Singapore Chicken Rice. Singapore Chicken Rice itself, is a dish that serves a Hainanese rice.
Hainanese rice is different than usual rice that we cook daily. This rice has a savory taste and even you can just eat Hainanese rice without any other dish to eat together with the rice. Because Hainanese rice is tasteful enough for you to just eat it alone without any other dish. Come along on top of the Hainanese rice, there is a portion of steamed chicken (they usually use chicken breast). The chicken that is served in chicken rice is also savory enough because it is cooked together with the seasoning. For the supplementary dish, usually the restaurants serve the chicken rice with a cup of chicken broth and slices of cucumber.
For people who love to eat spicy foods, you do not need to worry. Even though there is no any spice added in Singapore Chicken Rice, the restaurants serve you a suitable chili sauce for you to eat along with your Singapore Chicken Rice. The chili sauce itself is different than the chili sauce that we usually see in a bottle. The chili sauce of the chicken rice is more fluid and more spicy. So, spicy lovers, you might want to try one of the best foods in Singapore. Yes. Singapore Chicken Rice.
After knowing how delicious Singaporean Hainanese Chicken Rice is, are you interested to try the Singapore Chicken Rice? If yes, then visit Singapore right away to try this delicious dish. But if you’re unable to go to Singapore, we serve another good option to try. How about making your own Singapore Chicken Rice?. This easy recipe is available, use it as guidance !, so, here it is.
Prepare for steamed chicken and the chicken broth
- 1 whole raw chicken
- 2 tbs salt (to scrub the raw chicken)
- 1 lime (to remove the raw smell)
- 1 onion (cut into four)
- 4 sheets of Pandan leaves (knot it)
- 4 garlic (crush it)
- 3 leeks (slice it)
- 3 cm of ginger (slice it)
- 1.5 litre water
For Hainanese rice, it will need
- 1 tbs sesame oil
- 1 tbs margarine
- 1 tbs margarine (this one to add after the rice is cooked)
After get those all ingredients, then its ready to cook Singapore Chiken Rice. These are the steps that need to follow.
Steps to cook Hainanese Chicken Rice
- Wash the raw chicken, scrub it with the salt and smear the raw chicken with the lime. Let it be for 10 minutes.
- Put the onion, Pandan leaves, garlic, leeks and ginger into the chicken. Steam the chicken for 45 minutes. After the chicken is steamed, let it be for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, remove the chicken from the steamer and spread the sesame oil on the chicken surface. Do not throw the water from the previous steaming. You can discard all the onion, garlic, leeks and ginger but do not throw the water. The chicken broth will be used as the seasoning for the Hainanese rice.
- For the Hainanese rice, stir fry the garlic and ginger along with the sesame oil and margarine. After that, add the uncook rice into the pan and stir fry it again. After it cooked enough, put the uncook rice into the rice cooker along with the Pandan leaves and the chicken broth. Once the rice is cooked, add the margarine again to make it more tasty.
Rice and chicken is ready. Now, you have your own Singapore Hainanese Chicken Rice!
Thats all about Singaporean Chicken Rice. One of the best dish in Southeast Asia that you have to try when visiting Southeast Asia. In Singapore, a plate of chicken rice start from $2.50!