Good news for all the food lovers out there! Here is come another type of salted egg dishes that is definitely going to rock your taste. Singapore has already known best as one of the best culinary attraction in Southeast Asia. A lot of people come to Singapore just to hunting some foods. Even though most people say that it is not cheap to buy anything from Singapore, that does not mean you cannot find the cheap one in Singapore.
Have you ever tried Singaporean salted egg chicken? If not, then you might want to know some facts about Singaporean salted egg chicken. This is for you people who have not known yet anything about Singaporean salted egg chicken. From the dish name, we can tell that the main ingredient of this dish is salted egg. But now, some of you might be have the thinking that salted egg is not really a delicious taste to begin with. Moreover, it is too salty. So, why Singaporean salted egg chicken becomes one of the best food in Southeast Asia ?.
Well, even though the main ingredient is salted egg, Singapore serves this dish along with other ingredients that make Singaporean salted egg chicken become so tasteful and addictive. The taste itself, is not completely salty but it is also have a sweet flavour in the salted egg chicken. Furthermore, usually Singaporean salted egg chicken is served along with a plate of white rice, a fried egg and a sheet of lettuce. A simple dish, but delicious enough to tempt you.
The best option for you to enjoy such a salted egg chicken, is that you visit Singapore and go to one of the restaurants that serve Singaporean salted egg chicken. But of course, it is not easy as it said, isn’t it? We cannot just go right away to Singapore now. Therefore, while waiting for a chance for you to come and visit Singapore, it would be best for you to try a yummy recipes from this article so that you can enjoy your own Singaporean salted egg chicken. If you are ready to make one for yourselves, first thing that you need to do is to prepare all the ingredients. For the salted egg sauce, you will need :
Salted egg ingredients
- 6 cooked salted egg yolks
- 1 tsp garlic (crush it)
- ½ tsp ginger (crush it)
- 6-8 curry leaves
- 2 tbs cooking oil
- 2 chili padis
For the main ingredients, you’ll need to prepare :
- 2 pieces of boneless chicken legs
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of cornstarch
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp sugar
Steps to cook
After you get all the ingredients, now you are ready to cook your own Singaporean salted egg chicken. These are the things that you need to do :
- Mash all the salted egg yolks well
- Heat up the cooking oil and put the salted egg yolks into it. Stir fry the mashed salted egg yolks until it becomes foamy.
- Add the garlic, ginger, curry leaves and the chili padis into the cooked mashed salted egg yolks. Stir fry it until it smells nice. Turn off the stove and let it be.
- Mix the sugar and the salt with the boneless chicken legs. Make sure that it mixed well and even. Let it be for 15 minutes to make all the seasonings soaked into the chicken.
- Stir the egg and mix it with the soaked chicken and the cornstarch.
- Heat up the cooking oil and start to fry the chicken. Deep fry the chicken until it gets golden brown. Remove the chicken from the oil and drain it until it dries.
- Heat up a pan, add the fried chicken and the salted egg yolk sauce into the pan. Stir it quickly to make all the fried chicken coated with the salted egg yolk sauce.
Your own Singaporean salted egg chicken is ready to eat!
So today, you get one more information about the best Singaporean cuisine. We serve you different ways so that you people would get a chance to enjoy a Singaporean salted egg chicken. It is better if once you go and visit Singapore, you come to one of the restaurants that serve Singaporean salted egg chicken. But now you also have known how to cook Singaporean salted egg chicken yourselves. If you want to buy it in Singapore, the range price of Singaporean salted egg chicken would be $6.00! It is affordable price with such a tempting dish. So now, are you ready to try?
Read also: The Culinary attraction of Asia