Facts about Asia Which are Not Commonly Known will give us better preparation to visit some countries in Asia. It can help us pass the obstacles that we might find in the middle of our journey. Besides, the facts might give us more strength to understand the people. Cross-cultural understanding will no longer annoying as we know the facts.
For most travelers, Asia is one perfect place to visit. It is rich in outdoor landscapes and adventurous venues. Besides, it is also a great place where cultural values come as the main attraction.
Colors of Asia are things to experience. Besides, Asia is stunning for its special heritage places. Among its popular countries, Asia has the most advanced in the world, this continent also has a place that doesn’t even have electricity.
The sparkling modern countries with skyscrapers are available in Asia. Besides, Asia has the ancient city and even the most peaceful desert on the planet.
In short, Asia has literally anything to see in a travel. However, Asia is most attractive because of the mysteriousness. We need to reveal Facts about Asia which are not Commonly Known before leaving for Asia travel.
General Facts About Asia Continent and People
- Did you know that 90% of the rice produced in the world is consumed by Asian population around earth ?
- Asia is a continent of an ultra varied landscape. It has the highest point of the world in the Mount Everest (more than 8,848 meters). Besides, the lowest point on the planet is also in Asia; the Dead Sea (-395 meters). Visiting Asia is worth every dollar and patience that we spend.
- You are wrong if you think that Asia is the continent with quiet places and a small amount of population. Asia is a large continent with over 4 billion people. That is greater than the other four continents’ population combined.
- Asia has the richest countries in the entire universe. We cannot count the bank account for each but the skyscrapers talk a lot. Of top tallest buildings in the world, Asian countries have nine of them.
- Asia has a large amount of population. Therefore, it has ten largest shopping malls on the planet. Maybe, developers know that there are more women in the huge population. Therefore, Asia will be a super potential place for shopping malls.
Thailand Water Festival Every Mid-April
Asia has unique festivals. Songkran New Year Festival in Thailand is one of them. It is celebrated every mid-April. People will go to the street and do a water canon party for three days. Thus, it will look more like a water festival.
If you are ready to get wet and catch a cold, then come to join this thai people new year party (note the date, don’t forget to enjoy thailand tourist attractions too).
Goat Grabbing, Afghanistan National Game
In most countries, international sports such as soccer, tennis, badminton, and crickets are chosen as the national game. In Afghanistan, people are proud to play goat grabbing as their national game.
Some countries are unique in the way of having fun. Besides, soccer is already a mainstream national sports.
Symbols of Healthiness, Newborns Thrown From 50 Feet High
Some traditions in Asian countries are not only unique but brutally dangerous. In Sholapur, India, newborns will be thrown from a tower of 50 feet high. That tradition is a symbol of health, wealth, and fortunate.
Well, that does not sound so lucky to see our own baby fall from a tower.
Utilizing Left Hands For Wiping (Toilet Business)
India and Indonesia have one custom culture in common. The people in both countries should eat with their right hand only. Left hands are utilized for wiping oneself after going to the toilet.
People in India and Indonesia prefer using water instead of toilet paper. However, in Indonesia’s public toilets, toilet paper rolls are always available.
Southeast Asia Countries Not Popular Facts
- Indonesian people consist of hundred different races and tribes. The languages are different as well. Even so, Indonesia is proud of speaking one national language, Bahasa Indonesia. Yet, different ethnic will speak the language with different dialects, tones, and even dictions.
East Asia Countries Not Popular Facts
- Japan is a country with manner overdose. Yet, it is common to let the elders stand in a public transportation because the youngsters do not want to offend the senior citizens for their age. Besides, the elders do not like to take the positive attitude for granted. They do not want to burden others. That is still overdose in a deeper way.
- Japan has vast arrays of foods to try. It will be awesome to live in this country. Yet, you have to keep your ideal weight. In Japan, getting fat is forbidden by the law. This is a healthy way to keep the people healthy. Yet, it will be hard to enjoy those tasty snacks without breaking the law.
- In China, social media and free speed through the internet are restricted. Even, they do not even have access to Facebook. It must be easy for them to finish their work because they do not have to deal with the distraction.
- Yet, the air pollution in China is terrible. People can even buy a fresh air because of the severe pollution. The condition is the side effects of the massive industrialization in all areas of China.
- One more thing about China. This country forbids the people to have more than one baby. That is because of the over-density in this country. Parents will be in trouble when failed to have only one kid. Yes, marital life is tough in China.
- North Korea is always that peculiar in a mysterious way. In December, the North Korean has a Christmas Festival. Yet, don’t expect for a holy night with Christmas carol for celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ. The Christmas day is to celebrate the birthday of Kim Jong Il’s mother. I told you not to expect much of their religious idea.
- Before North Korea, China had set a strict rule for hair-style. In the past, it was a state enforceable law that men should have a pigtail. Those who did not obey that rule will be punished with violence.
South Asia Countries Not Popular Facts
- India has a good potential to be the largest mango juice company in the world. It produces 12 million tons of mango annually.
- Bhutan is not only a country with a pure soul and natural conditions. It is also a healthy country without cigarette smoke. This is so because Bhutan forbids tobacco sales. So, tourists have to very careful with this policy.
Those are only some of the Facts about Asia which are not Commonly Known. Asia tour will a great experience for everyone. The facts show that Asian countries are unique, beautiful, attractive, and hazardous in a positive way.